Stay Out of the House is a 2018 survival horror game developed by Puppet Combo. It received a short prelude called Night Shift. The game can be downloaded from Puppet Combo's Patreon. The full game will be released on Steam.
Summary[edit | edit source]
The game starts off with Roxanne who is on a long road trip with her driver Brendan. After Brendan stops the car for a bathroom break and doesn't return, Roxanne goes to investigate and stumbles across an old, seemingly abandoned house in the cornfield. She goes inside and gets knocked unconscious by the owner of the house. Soon she wakes up imprisoned inside of the house and has to escape and avoid being caught by the owner, who is hiding something horrifying underneath his house.
Gameplay (As of V0.7.6)[edit | edit source]
The player is given 3 days (lives) to escape. The player wakes up in a cage and once escaped, the player has to get out of the house. The player can use a pistol to scare the killer, giving them more time. The player can also use a lighter to give the themselves some visibility in darker filter modes such as 1999. If the killer spots the player, they have to immediately run and hide. If hiding while in the view of the killer, he will flip the table or bed so that you will lose that hiding spot. The player has a radar to spot the killer only when he is moving. If he is near, the radar will make an alert sound. The player also has a sound meter, which indicates how loud their sounds are. The player has other items that are needed to solve puzzles in order to progress.
If the killer catches the player, they will end up in a different place. Each time is different.
For the first time, the killer puts the player in a room full of TVs. To escape, the player has to remove door pins. Once removed, the door falls which leads to a staircase. For the second time, he puts the player in a chair. To escape, the player needs to click the left mouse button repeatedly to break out of the chair. For the third time, the screen turns black with only one word: "SACRIFICE". Afterwards, the killer will drag the player towards a red door in the basement's bunker, leading to his secret, presumably killing the player.
Version History[edit | edit source]
- 0.1.0 (The game ends before the player drops out of the vents.)
- 0.1.3 (Same as 0.1.0, but just contains some bug fixes.)
- 0.2.4 (From this point on, the killer has an A.I, and is able to kill and chase the player, he also had a different appearance.)
- 0.2.6 (New skin for the Butcher, he now has a flashlight located on his chest.)
- 0.4.3 (Basically 0.2.6, but with new areas.)
- 0.5.5 (Last version before the 3 lives system, removal of the Butcher's flashlight, and is the last version to have a loud chase theme.)
- 0.5.6 (From this point on, there is a 3 lives system, and the chase music is different.)
- 0.6.0 (New features, added the 1995 filter.)
- 0.6.3 (Mostly contains bug fixes.)
- 0.7.0 (Added the Prologue, and Grandma. However, Grandma is only found in the basement of the prologue.)
- 0.7.3 (Added Grandma as an enemy in the house.)
- 0.7.4 (Added a closet where the player's items are stored in when they're knocked out by the killer, also features Night Shift in the main menu screen.)
- 0.7.5 (Mostly contains bug fixes.)
- 0.7.6 (Mostly contains bug fixes.)
- 0.7.7 (Mostly contains bug fixes.)
- 0.7.8 (Mostly contains bug fixes.)
- 0.7.9 (Mostly contains bug fixes.)
- 0.7.91 (Mostly contains bug fixes.)
- 0.8/0.8.5 (Revamped some areas of the house, a new family member, melee weapons, larger inventory item, the player can set bear traps for the killer, and more.)
This list is unfinished, feel free to add more unlisted versions here.
Endings[edit | edit source]
Ending A: (Rebirth)[edit | edit source]
Roxanne enters the bunker located underneath the house, explores it and discovers something horrifying.
Ending B: (Escape)[edit | edit source]
Roxanne gets the key, unlocks the front door and runs out of the house.
Endings will be revealed in details when the full game is out on steam.
Characters[edit | edit source]
Items[edit | edit source]
Main article: Items
- Sound Meter
- Drain Cleaner
- Hex Key (Lock Picks)
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Wire Clipper
- Body Parts
- Wooden Plank
- Pressure Valve
- Duct Tape
- C Battery
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The game is openly inspired by Granny, a popular 2017 horror game.