Sanitarium Massacre is a 2012 unreleased stealth slasher game developed by Puppet Combo. The current unfinished version can be found in Unfinished Worlds Vol. 2, which can be downloaded from Puppet Combo's Patreon.
Neokalus Burr, a notorius serial killer, is caught in a violent and deadly home invasion.
Shot nearly to death by the police, he is locked away in a state hospital for the mentally ill.
Tonight after 8 mute years staring at a wall, he escapes from his cell on a campaign of destruction and terror. It is almost as if he is possessed by a demon. You are that demon.
Rip through the halls of the sanitarium committing shocking acts of violence. No one will be safe. You will kill them all in "SANITARIUM MASSACRE".
Sanitarium Massacre has the player controlling the deranged killer, specifically Neokalus Burr. The lore has Burr gunned down by police in a home invasion and locked up in a mental hospital for 8 solid years, before snapping and escaping to wreak havoc upon the staff with a butcher's knife.
- In some versions, it was possible to play as the Killer from Minotaur / Power Drill Massacre.
- Minotaur and Babysitter Bloodbath were created using much of the same code used in Sanitarium Massacre.
- During its development, the game was advertised on YouTube. Physical release of the game along with a limited edition Neokalus Burr statue were planned.
- Puppet Combo said that he has the game located in an old Google drive file.
- According to the idea of the developer, there should have been a game mode for the victim, with its own plot. Young nurse Barbara finds herself on shift during the escape of Neocalus Burr. The main goal of the regime was simply to survive.